Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Position Paper vs Research Paper


Right now I have reached to the starting block of writing my position paper. I have to select a text that I really love. I think I want to do the short story by Chinua Achebe entitled "Dead Men's Path"or William Faukner's "Barn Burning". I have read these stories and I have learnt about it a year ago. I have to recall my brain and start searching for the information of these stories. It is a 1000 words task and I need to write my stand or the thesis statement as well as 3 supporting details to support my stand. It should be refuteable, that means not too obvious and already generally accepted as the truth. It is also should be controversial, short and consice. I can put the excerpt or the play of words if impossible to support mt stand. I think that is enough for this time. I have to start my position paper...better take a rest first...

Hi, we meet again. Huh!I feel so exhausted because I did my assignments during the Chinese New Year holidays...right now I have to plan my Research Paper. I have to recognize two stories that I really love and start writing. Of course! I have to do my research towards both stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment