Sunday, February 21, 2010

Legends


What an exhausting day...I did so much work yesterday. My position paper as well as my research paper are on the way. I better concerntrate to my position paper because I have to submit it first. As time passed, I read through my module and I came to the topic LEGENDS...what an interesting topic. It taught me the traditions of all nations. As a Malay boy, a lot of legends came out in my mind not only in my place but also from others. I've heard a lot from my friends as well but the oldies were the experts in telling legends. We've Hang Tuah, Puteri Gunung Ledang and many more. Not only people, but animals like the dragon in Tasik Chini and the white mousedeer in Malacca.
Legend or legenda means "things to be read". The word legenda is originally a Latin word and now it is borrowed into Malay word. It is actually a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude.
From the module that I have, I read through about Le Mort d'Arthur by Thomas Malory. There are seven chapters and it tells about the journey of King Arthur.
Talking about it, how about the Greek Mythology? I really love to read the legends from the Greek. I have found that it is interesting although I feel that it is unlogic...Hahaha!!! A lot of monsters, dragons and demons in the mythology bring the excitement and enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment